Thursday, October 29, 2015

Rebuilding my supply

My milk supply really took a hit while we were in IL. My normal galactagogue schedule looks like this:

  • 5ish cups of Mother's Milk tea throughout the day
  • Morning oatmeal (2 servings) with 1 T of flax seed meal and 1 T of nutritional yeast
  • Cheerios or oat bread for lunch
  • Almonds for snacks
  • 5 fenugreek capsules at breakfast, lunch, and bedtime
  • 2 T brewer's yeast if needed

Our local store was out of fenugreek before we left, so while I was gone, my routine dwindled to

  • 3ish cups of Mother's Milk tea throughout the day
  • Morning oatmeal (1-1.5 servings) with sliced almonds on top

I came home making dribbles where I used to make spurts. I have never had an oversupply, but I can (with help) make enough to fill Kai's belly. After a few nights of nonstop nursing, though, I realized I needed to step up my game. So brewer's yeast is back on the menu for a while.

Man, I hate this stuff. Tastes godawful, and gives me a hangover to boot. (All of the headache, queasiness, and gas of drinking beer, without the buzz! What's not to love?) I see now why women put it in sugary cookies. But I am slowly (slowly) losing weight, and don't want to mess that up by adding insanely caloric cookies to my daily ritual.

So I will deal. And hope that my boobs get back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment