Wednesday, November 11, 2015

5:30 a.m. sounds so much better at bedtime

When I go to bed, a 5:30 wake-up sounds utterly doable. I'm going to bed at a very reasonable hour these days (9-9:30). I just haven't been getting much sleep. Kai is in power nurse mode, and has also been incredibly gassy. I'm thinking the culprit may be all the dairy he's eating. (Which would just figure; I bought him a bunch of yogurt at the store last night.) When my alarm goes off, I mentally give it the finger and snooze until time for work/Anya wakes me.

Kai is never the first one up. He is nothing like his sister in that area.

But even when nobody is kicking me in my Cesarean scar (Kai) or attempting to stick their little toes up my nose (Anya), I don't get up. Because my kids tend to make a cozy Mumma sammich while they sleep, and that feels pretty darn nice. I know that it won't be too long before they no longer want to snuggle with me, so I'm soaking it up while I can. Me time can wait.

That's all well and good, but I need to squeeze the yoga in somewhere. I'm working on it.

Or I will be, once I get a little more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment